Saturday, April 18, 2015

Little Miss and Tattling

As of late, I have been pressured, cajoled, and sweet-talked into getting back to my hilarious writing about Little Miss and our home adventures.  This past year my attention was stolen by my other blog, Sweet Kitchen, as a three-post-a-week job, and by other miserly money-grabbers like editing, online sales, tutoring and other things that make Mr. Man sigh.

I have since toned it down, and am ready to be hilarious once again.

That being said, my funny bone is tucked in there pretty deep.  It may take me a while to get it oiled up and in full force.

For now, here is a story of Little Miss to wet your appetite:

Little Miss and Tattling

When tucking Little Miss into bed one night she looks up at me seriously, starts discussing her brother, and telling me what mischievous things he's been doing.

She started in, "I was coming up the stairs and he pulled on my pants and tried to... "

"Aw, come on," I said, as I laid my head on her tummy, "Don't make the last words of the day be a tattle!  I want to remember my boy in a nice way.  Just tell me a story about butterflies or flowers."

I snuggled down beside her with my head on her tummy, and she conceded.  As she touched the top of my head with her hands, she began her story.

"Once there was a flower and a butterfly," she said, "Then the butterfly suddenly got REALLY goofy, and was coming up the stairs..."

"Hey! I know where this is going!" I shouted.  And we both laughed.

"Okay, okay, let me start again," She laughed, waving her hands in the air.  She began to tell her story a second time.

"...then there was this flower.  Suddenly the butterfly came over and pulled at her pants...even tho flowers don't have pants..."

Well, that was it.  I roared with laughter.  Ingenious parable of life's lessons by Little Miss.  Don't pull on your sister's pants.  We both ended our snuggle in giggles and I laughed all the way downstairs.

Maybe she'll be the writer someday.


No comments:

Total Pageviews